Monday, November 30, 2015

P.S. I Still Love You by Jenny Han - OPTIONAL



Han, Jenny  P.S. I Still Love You (To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before, #2), 337 pgs.  Simon & Schuster, 2015.  $17.99 Content: Language: R (56 swears; 11 “F”; God overused); Mature Content: PG-13 (crass sexual comments and open sexual discussions); Violence: G.   

Lara Jean really likes Peter, but since their night in the hot tub at the last overnight school field trip, she is unsure how to define their relationship.  As Peter and Lara Jean become more serious, an old friend shows up that is interested in Lara Jean.  The fact that Peter is keeping a secret with his old girlfriend, makes Lara Jean wonder if she can trust him.   

The back and forth between Lara Jean and the two boys in the book keeps you guessing.  The content makes it hard to recommend for a school library—the “F” word feels forced and the sex talk is pretty blunt.  I like Han’s characters and it’s a fun romance, but the content moves it to optional. 

HS-OPTIONAL.  Reviewer, C. Peterson.

2 comments:

Ms. Yingling said...

Oh, no! Did I order this? The first book was pretty mild. What a disappointment, since I had a lot of girls ask for the sequel. If I did order it, it's going right to the high school. Drat. THIS is why I read everything before I order it.

Cindy Mitchell said...

I feel your pain, Karen! I wish we could get more reviews out faster so that we aren't blindsided by content issues that make books inappropriate for certain grade and maturity levels!