Friday, November 6, 2015

Ask Me by Bernard Waber- OPTIONAL

Waber, Bernard. Ask Me, PICTURE BOOK. Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, 2015. $16.99. Content: G. We witness the conversation between a daughter and her father as they spend the day together. She urges him to ask her questions about the things she likes, why things work a certain way, and if he remembers certain events they’ve experienced together. We watch the day progress all the way through until bedtime. I really enjoyed the pictures and colors the illustrator used in this book. That was about it. I even have my own young daughter who is insanely interested and engaged in our world and I just couldn’t get past the boredom I felt with this book. It’s a sweet idea, I wanted to like it, but the final product is lacking. PRE-K, EL (K-3)- OPTIONAL. Reviewed by Shay, School Librarian

No comments: