Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Captain Awesome gets a hole in One (#12) by Stan Kirby -OPTIONAL

Kirby, Stan Captain Awesome gets a hole in One (#12) 116 pgs. Little Simon, 2015. $5.99 Content: Language: G (0 swears); Mature Content: G Violence: G CHAPTER BOOK
Captain Awesome and his friends and fellow superheroes: Charlie, and Sally are going to be attending the birthday party of an evil nemesis, Sally. When they get to the mini golf course they quickly realize that Sally is cheating! Its up to the Superhero Squad to save the day and maybe just help Sally realize the error of her ways.
This series has really grown on me and I think it’s a super fun and interesting read. It features really fleshed out characters, multi-faceted plotlines (without being confusing) and lots of fun superhero action. The illustrations really add to the story and are very creative. The problem? I have quite a few of these in my library and they haven’t had a single checkout. Not even when my entire year was superhero theme and I book talked and featured them on display. I think this golf one would be even a more challenging sell, due to a general lack of interest in golf in general by students.
EL(K-3) –OPTIONAL Reviewer: Stephanie Elementary School Librarian & Author.

No comments: