Wednesday, October 14, 2015

A History of Glitter and Blood by Hannah Moskowitz


Moskowits, Hannah A History of Glitter and Blood, 274 pages. CHRONICLE BOOKS, 2015. Language- R (13 swears, 27 "f"s) Mature Content - PG; Violence - PG-13; 

Beckan is a fairy, living in Ferrum, where gnomes do all the dirty work fairies do not want to do, such as sweeping the streets. The gnomes in turn will take bites out of the immortal fairies leaving them to suffer the rest of their life without an arm or a leg. Beckan is one of a few of the only fairies who have not yet been maimed. 

This was all I got, I had to stop reading. I stopped on page 66. I had only the slightest idea of what was going on, and there were too many "f"s. There were many ideas introduced, seemingly without an actual introduction. I was not sure how big the fairies or gnomes were which made it difficult to picture what was going on. Also keeping track of time was confusing, it was unclear whether or not what was being said was past, present, or future. This is (not exaggerating) the worst book I have ever read.  

NOT RECOMMENDED. Reviewer: MMH

No comments: