Thursday, September 17, 2015

Return to Earth (Galaxy Zack #10) by Ray O’Ryan -ADVISABLE

O’Ryan, Ray Return to Earth (Galaxy Zack #10) 120 pgs. Little Simon, 2015. $5.99 CHAPTER BOOK
Zack has been living in outer space on the planet of Nebulon for quite a while. Now its time to travel back to Earth for a visit. Along for the ride is his sort of friend Seth and his dog Luna. But soon after their arrival at Zack’s grandparents house, Luna runs off! In their search to find him, Zach tries to get Seth to give Earth a fair shake. Will they find Luna and still find time to have fun?
I really like this series! Though its 120 pages, they are tiny pages with lots of illustrations and chapter breaks. Reading level is perfect for a first or second graders. The cover is bright and appealing and the content is wholesome and interesting. I am not sure what the disconnect is here but for the life of me, I can’t get students to check out this series. I have quite a few in my library and they have never been checked out, even after I featured them in a Science Fiction genre lesson for multiple classes last year.
EL(K-3) –ADVISABLE  Reviewer: Stephanie Elementary School Librarian & Author.

No comments: