Thursday, September 3, 2015

I Don’t Like Cheese by Hannah Chandler -NO

Chandler, Hannah I Don’t Like Cheese EK Books, 2014. $17.99
A little mouse won’t eat the cheese he mum puts out, but loves the dinners the little girl in the house will feed him. Its only when she goes out of town that the little mouse realizes that his only option is cheese, will he be able to stomach it?
I get the point, try new things, especially for picky eaters, but the story just wasn’t fun or funny to me. I think the topic could have been more interesting or even silly. I wouldn’t read this book during a story time, I would just stick with Green eggs and ham for the same concept presented in an easier to relate to way. The illustrations are wholesome watercolor and although the cover is great, the rest are just ok.  
PRE-K, EL(K-3)  –NO Reviewer: Stephanie Elementary School Librarian & Author.

No comments: