Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Always Bet on Chopper (Star Wars Rebels: World of Reading Level 1) by Meredith Rusu -NO


Rusu, Meredith Always Bet on Chopper (Star Wars Rebels: World of Reading Level 1) Disney, 2015. $3.99  EARLY READER
Chopper is a robot owned by Zeb. But when Zeb loses him a bet during a card game to Lando, they all go on an adventure and face off against some thugs. Will Zeb and Chopper be parted permanently?
Honestly, Star Wars Rebels are not that popular with the students at my school. On top of that cards + gambling is a big no-no in elementary schools in my district. I wasn’t even allowed to have a dice component on a smartboard game. For a level 1 reader, I also thought this was a confusing read. All around not my favorite.
EL(K-3) –NO Reviewer: Stephanie Elementary School Librarian & Author.

No comments: