Thursday, May 14, 2015

My Chemical Mountain by Corina Vacco - OPTIONAL

Vacco, Corina My Chemical Mountain, 182 pgs. Delacorte Press (Random House), 2013.

Language - PG-13 (42 swears, 1 "f"), Sexual Content - PG; Violence - PG; 

Mareno Chem provides jobs in Paxton, but it's also ruining lives. How long can a bully be tolerated before people stand up for themselves--until they build a landfill by an elementary school, pollute the river, slander a good worker who died on the job? Well, for these kids, enough is enough. This summer Jason, Charlie, and Cornpup are fighting Mareno Chem--but at what cost? 

All throughout this book I thought I was going to write a bad review. It seemed that the whole book was about some teenage boys being stubborn, disgusting, and making some dumb decisions. While I still don't like this book, I enjoyed the ending where everything came together. Jason was angry and wanted revenge on the company that ruined his family, and in the end he found the release he needed. The last chapter of this book is beautiful in that way of forgiving and letting go--but that was the only part of the book I wanted to read. 

MS, HS - OPTIONAL. Reviewer: Carolina Herdegen

No comments: