Thursday, April 23, 2015

Peanut Butter and Cupcake by Terry Border - ADVISABLE

Border, Terry, Peanut Butter and Cupcake. PICTURE BOOK. Penguin Group. 2014. $17.99.

This book has got to be one of the most adorable I have ever come across. As a food lover, this story appealed to my love of kid cuisine and the perfect combination of Peanut butter and Jelly. Peanut Butter is looking for a friend, but no one seems to fit with him quite like they should. That is, until he meets Jelly. Their perfect combination eventually attracts the other foods who at first wouldn’t give Peanut Butter a chance. The story culminates in a soccer game for all foods: salty, sweet and savory. I love the whimsical and humorous pictures and the message of this story that differences shouldn’t keep us from branching out and making new friends…or trying out new foods! 

This is one of the best picture books I have ever read. I can’t wait to share it with my nephews who share my love for good stories and a great snack.  

Pre-K, EL (K-3) -- ADVISABLE. Reviewer: Jessica L., Language Arts teacher

No comments: