Friday, January 23, 2015

The Fourteenth Goldfish by Jennifer L. Holm - ESSENTIAL



Holm, Jennifer L.  The Fourteenth Goldfish, 190 pgs.  Random House, 2014.  $16.99  Content: G. 

This book is about a girl named Ellie, whose grandfather comes to live at her house. The grandpa is a scientist and has discovered something that turns people young again and the grandpa uses it on himself! The grandpa turns young and the police catch him trying to get his stuff while he looks like a 14 year old.  The mom goes to pick up the grandpa from the police. Then the grandpa tries to get his discovery from the lab to work on with Ellie’s help. 

I liked this book, I think this is one of the best books I’ve read. I like this book because the grandpa is grouchy in a funny way. I also like the way the book was written. I thought Ellie was a great character she was always trying to be happy.  

 EL (4-6), MS-ESSENTIAL.  Reviewer, Isabelle, age 11.          

No comments: