Monday, January 26, 2015

Hero Complex by Margaux Froley - OPTIONAL

Froley, Margaux Hero Complex, 214 pgs. Soho Press, Inc., 2014. Language – PG-13 (64 swears, 3 “f”), Sexual Content – PG-13; Violence – PG; 

As if dealing with her love Hutch’s murder wasn’t enough, now Devon has to worry about being killed herself. And no one will believe her. Devon’s counselor insists that Devon is simply paranoid after the death of Hutch, but that won’t deter Devon. She’s determined to figure this mystery out, just like last time. 

I imagine that this book would have been more enjoyable if I had read its prequel first, because I ended up just being confused for a lot of it. When I got past that, though, and just went along with Devon’s search for truth, it was an okay read. Nevertheless, it isn’t a book that I will remember tomorrow because Hero Complex is not as engaging as I thought it would be—due in part to lack of action and having to read someone else read a diary. I find that very cumbersome. 

HS – OPTIONAL. Reviewer: Carolina Herdegen

No comments: