Monday, December 22, 2014

Unravel (Lined #2) by Imogen Howson – OPTIONAL

Howson, Imogen Unravel (Lined #2) 480 pgs. Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers, 2014. $17.99 Content: Language: G (0 swears); Mature Content: PG13 Violence: PG13
While Elissa and her Spare, Lin have exposed the evil experiments their government was running on Spares, resulting in their release, they have also unwittingly caused chaos on their home planet. The IPL have taken over their planet to help control things and police the wrong doers, but the citizens see this as unnecessary and fight back against the military law, lashing out at the spares especially, who they don’t see as true humans. Elissa and Lin want to help, they have the power to help, but things have spiraled out of control and not only are they in danger, but everything they fought for is too.
I liked the first book in this series, but this one was so so long and detailed. When I look at my stack of books I have been reading, I even chose Sparkle Spa over continuing reading this. The main character Elissa over thinks everything. Seriously Everything, reminding  me of the book Twilight in that way. I think teens would relate to this, though it was torture for me. The romance level went up a notch, so I had to put this for HS level. If the first book is popular, you should add this long sequel to your collection as well, but just make sure to mark it as book two in a series, because it is definitely not a stand-alone. I should add this is a Sci-Fi Genre. 

HS – OPTIONAL Reviewer: Stephanie Elementary School Librarian & Author.

No comments: