Saturday, July 12, 2014

When did you see her last? By Lemony Snicket -OPTIONAL

Snicket, Lemony When did you see her last? 288 pgs. Little, Brown Books for Young Readers, 2013. $16.00 Content: Language: G (0 swears); Mature Content: G Violence: G
This is a follow up to “Who Could that be at this Hour”. Lemony is now apprenticed to a detective who isn’t great at her job. They are investigating the disappearance of a girl named Cleo. He starts to track her and keep s getting different answers. Did she actually run away?  Lemony starts to make some connections and starts to investigate the evil Hangfire.
This is my first Lemony Snicket book and I found I didn’t care for it. Its so whimsical that its almost a farce. I kept getting jolted out of the story by stupid jokes. Like instead of Whole foods, the author plays off it with Partial Foods. Because of this I just had a hard time buying in and found I could care less about the outcome. This author seems popular with children, I can't quite figure it out. So if it’s a demanded author at your library, by all means add this book to your collection.

EL – OPTIONAL Reviewer: Stephanie Elementary School Librarian & Author.

No comments: