Monday, July 7, 2014

The Hero’s Guide to Being an Outlaw by Healy - OPTIONAL

Healy, Christopher The Hero’s Guide to Being an Outlaw, 516 pages 

Violence: PG (typical fantasy adventure violence); Language: G; Mature Content: G.  

The League of Princes is in trouble.  The king of Avondel has put prices on their heads for the murder of Briar Rose.  The princes need to prove their innocence or their lives will be forfeit.  The princesses are not the kind to sit around waiting to be rescued, so sometimes the two groups have the same goals, but can’t cooperate long enough to make any plan (Plans? What are those?) work.  Believe it or not, there are worse problems for the royals besides the supposed death of Briar Rose.  Someone has devised a way to take control of all thirteen kingdoms.  They may all be doomed. 

I have not read the first two books in this series.  Maybe if I had I would be more tolerant of the slapstick, ignorant ways of the princes (and sometimes the princesses).  I was more annoyed than anything.  My daughter said I was rolling my eyes constantly while I was reading.  Since there are three fairly hefty books in the series, I guess there are readers who find the characters’ behavior rather funny.  

EL - OPTIONAL.  Cindy, Library Teacher.

No comments: