Monday, July 7, 2014

Escape from Lucien (Amulet Book #6) by Kazu Kibuishi – ADVISABLE


Kibuishi, Kazu  Escape from Lucien (Amulet Book #6) 214 pgs. GRAPHIX, 2014. $9.99 Content: Language: G (0 swears); Mature Content: G Violence: G. GRAPHIC NOVEL
In this much awaited sixth book of the series, reader are plunged right back into the action. Emily takes a very scary journey with her fellow stonekeepers, following Max, a youthful looking villain, into the Void. Emily’s younger brother Navin, isn’t doing so well with follow rules during his training and when things go awry in the city of Lucien, its up to Navin to try to save some lives.
This book is not a stand alone by any stretch, I finished the fifth book in the series about a two months ago and still had to go back and review to get my head around this. I would be amiss if I didn’t add this book to my library collection, there would be a riot. This is a fantastic series, filled with transporting artwork. The review copy I received was without color, just outlines mostly, so I can’t speak as to the artwork in the particular book. My only complaint is the two siblings don’t feel at all like earth kids on a magical journey anymore, so I am losing that component that helps me/students relate to them. I sort of wish I could feel the awe of this cool new world with them since we are both seeing things for the first time.

EL, MS– ADVISABLE  Reviewer: Stephanie Elementary School Librarian & Author.

No comments: