Saturday, June 14, 2014

My Little Pony: Friends Forever Graphic Novel, Vol. I by Carla Speed McNeil, et al -- ADVISABLE

McNeil, Carla Speed, Alex de Campi, Jeremy Whitley, Ted Anderson, Rob Anderson, and Amy Mebberso My Little Pony: Friends Forever, Vol. I, 88 pgs. GRAPHIC NOVEL. IDW Publishing, 2014. $17.99. Content: G.

This volume contains four graphic novels featuring various characters from the My Little Pony world. In the first one, Apple Jack and Pinkie Pie enter a baking contest. Next, several ponies team up with a monster named Discord in their quest for 'Cutie Marks.' Afterward, Spike the dragon sets out on an adventure with pony princess Celestia. And, finally, Shining Armor and Twilight Sparkle hunt down a mysterious ghost.

As someone who neither reads many graphic novels nor watches the My Little Pony TV series, I admit I was definitely out of my element with this one and found it somewhat confusing. Those who are familiar with the story lines and characters, however, will likely read along with ease. The graphic novel format adds an element of interest, with its colorful, action-filled pages.

EL -- ADVISABLE. Reviewer: Caryn

No comments: