Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Lion vs. Rabbit by Alex Latimer –OPTIONAL

Latimer, Alex Lion vs. Rabbit 32 pgs. Peachtree Publishers,2013. $12.28.  Content: Language: G (0 swears); Mature Content: G; Violence: G.
Lion is a big bully, all the animals want him to stop, but they are too afraid to confront him. They put out an ad, but even a bear and a tiger can’t stop him. When a rabbit shows up, Lion know he can beat him. But Lion doesn't count on how smart that rabbit is!
Great artwork, colorful, quirky, unique, amazing color palate. From an educational/school library perspective this story doesn't quite make the cut for me. Bullies are stupid? Trick them by cheating then they will suddenly stop being bully’s? Hire someone to confront a bully for you? Although I liked the bunnies trick, being a bit of a trickster myself -I just think this topic is so important that I would like to see better solutions from a book if it’s going to be added to my school library.

EL -OPTIONAL Reviewer: Stephanie Elementary School Librarian & Author.

No comments: