Sunday, August 4, 2013

Life’s A Witch by Britany Geragotelis –NO

Geragotelis, Brittany Mark Life’s A Witch (Book#2) 320 pgs. Simon & Schuster Books for Young Reader, 2013. $12.97.  Content: Language: PG (5 sort of swears); Mature Content: PG-13 ; Violence: PG.

Hadley is the perfect teen girl, she is the best at everything, including being popular. On top of that, she is a powerful witch, maybe one of the most powerful. That puts her in danger. When an evil coven comes after her, she is going to have to step up her game, and that means rallying her grieving coven and facing betrayal.

I think high school students will have trouble relating to the perfection of this main character. I know when it came time to feel bad for her, I sure didn't  The plot was very very linear which makes for a simple quick read, but I thought that it was kind of boring. I laughed out loud reading the dialogue between Hadley and her love interest, if I could give a double cheese award, I would. Students may be intrigued by the cover, and if the first book is popular at your school, this second one won’t be a bad addition.

HS –NO Reviewer: Stephanie Elementary School Librarian & Author.

No comments: