Monday, July 15, 2013

What Am I? Frog and Friends by Joyce Wan - ESSENTIAL


Wan, Joyce  What Am I? Frog and Friends  Penguin, 2013.  $6.99  Content: G.  BOARD BOOK 
In this sweet simple board book, each page layout has different animals that live in ponds: ducks, beaver, frogs, turtles, snails, fish and dragonflies.  It shows each animal doing different things such as paddling, building a den, hopping, sunbathing, playing in the mud and twirling around.  Then the last page layout asks the question what am I and the back page flips up and it says, “I am a pond and these are my friends”. 
This is an adorable board book with great pictures.  The simple text is easy to read and will keep the interest of small readers.  The last page opening to reveal the pond is also a great way to satisfy little readers’ curiosity.  This is a cute addition for preschool libraries. 
PREK-ESSENTIAL.  Reviewer, C. Peterson.

No comments: