Tuesday, July 23, 2013

The Ball (Bean Dog and Nugget Book #1) by Charise Mericle Harper –ESSENTIAL

 Harper, Charise Mericle The Ball (A Bean and Nugget Book) 48 pgs. Knopf Books for Young Readers, 2013. $4.49.  Content: Language: G (0 swears); Mature Content: G; Violence: G.

Here we meet Bean Dog and Nugget as they lose Bean Dog’s ball into a scary bush at the park. They come up with some wild schemes to get it back. Including throwing in their shoes, dressing as superhero’s, and more.

I about died laughing reading this book. I think students will adore these simple quirky characters. As with Captain Wedgieman, by this same author, wasn't funny enough –I think she topped herself. I can’t wait to introduce students to this series. I am preparing for a few brawls by buying multiple copies.

EL –ESSENTIAL Reviewer: Stephanie Elementary School Librarian & Author.

No comments: