Monday, July 1, 2013

Otherworld Chronicles: The Invisible Tower by Nils Johnson-Shelton- ADVISABLE


Johnson-Shelton, Nils Otherworld Chronicles: The Invisible Tower.  352pgs. Harper Collins, 2012. $16.99. Language G (0 swears, 0 ‘f’), Sexual Content G, Violence G.

This book is about a cloning of King Arthur with the DNA of his parents.  He is now the same King Arthur but with a new Knights of the Round Table.  He must now fight to free Merlin the wizard from his prison which is called the invisible tower.  He will endure many foes and in the end he will become a totally different person.  

I liked this book because I got to learn more about King Arthur.  I think it was cool that he was able to choose the new Knights of the Round Table.  I liked the part when he went on the quest to get the great sword, the Excalibur.  The book starts off a little slow and I wasn’t thrilled about finishing it.  But then it became one of my favorite books to read.  I can’t wait to read the sequel.  I would have given it an EXCEPTIONAL rating if it hadn’t taken so long to get interesting.  (It wasn’t until about page 50 that I started liking the book.)  

EL - ADVISABLE. Reviewer: ML- age 14. 

No comments: