Sunday, December 30, 2012

Above World by Jenn Reese - ADVISABLE


Reese, Jenn Above World, 356 pgs. Candlewick Press, 2012. 

Language - G, Mature Content - PG; Violence - PG-13; 

Aluna and Hoku are not going to sit on their fins like the Elders are while their race is dying! The only goal in mind is to save their people when Aluna and Hoku leave. However, once they get to the Above World, plans change as allies are made and new dangers are uncovered. 

From the ocean to the sky to land and back again I happily went wherever I was led. I was so dazzled by the adventure and humor and wit and dangers that I didn't notice it was coming to an end before I found myself upon it. I fell in love (or hate) with each new--and very unique--character Aluna and Hoku came across. The sequel Mirage cannot come soon enough. 

MS, HS - ADVISABLE. Reviewer: CCH

No comments: