Sunday, October 7, 2012

52 Reasons to Hate My Father by Jessica Brody - ESSENTIAL


Brody, Jessica 52 Reasons to Hate My Father, 331 p. Farrar, Straus, Giroux (Macmillan), 2012.  $17.  Content: G (small amount of underage drinking).  

Lexington Larabee has crashed the brand new Mercedes she received for her birthday – ON her birthday and her father won’t take another single minute of her prima donna behavior.  The girl who never has worked a day in her life, who expected to receive the world ($25 million) on her birthday, must work a different menial labor job each week for the next year, or she will receive exactly NOTHING.  And the whole time she will be supervised (spied on) by her father’s newest eager beaver assistant, Luke.  Lexington had better find a way around this fast, or her life may be full of dishpan hands and tacky uniforms.  

Oh, oh, oh – I died laughing SOOOO many times during this book.  All of my assumptions were blown out of the water and this was one of my favorite books this summer!  I think I have to read it again.  

MS, HS – ESSENTIAL.  Cindy, Library Teacher

No comments: