Thursday, September 6, 2012

The Summer of Cotton Candy by Debbie Viguie - ESSENTIAL


Viguie, Debbie The Summer of Cotton Candy, 219. Zondervan, 2008. $9.99. Language G (0 swears), Sexual Content G; Violence G; 

Candace has no idea what she signed up for when she applies for a summer job at the local amusement park. She expects to just get it done with and have it drag on just so her father will let off about her needing a summer job and what could be easier than selling cotton candy? Well Candace is in for an eye opener as this job teachers her new skills, shows how fun a job can be, and finds there's a great community. With all these workers bonding together Candace gets some new friends, almost looses one, and of course some boys along the way. 

I love love loved this book! I have read some of Debbie's other books and I am in love with her stories. This one is just as magical and full of great moments. I really enjoyed all the twists and turns that lasted up until the last moment in the story! I am defiantly adding this book to my summer reading list! 

MS, HS - ESSENTIAL. Student Reviewer: KU

No comments: