Friday, July 27, 2012

From Bad to Cursed by Katie Alender - OPTIONAL


Alender, Katie From Bad to Cursed, 442 p. Disney/Hyperion, 2011 p.  Language: PG, Violence: PG-13.   

You would think Alexis would know better.  She just managed to save her little sister Kasey from an evil ghost.  Now Kasey is part of a club of girls who seem to have unnatural beauty and popularity.  When Alexis joins the club in order to investigate, she promptly forgets her purpose, being manipulated by an evil spirit – one who has been around for generations.  This one pushes all of my boundaries – ordinary girls channeling evil spirits with spells and such makes me very uncomfortable.  Plus I was really angry with Alexis for being dragged right back into a supernatural mess again and thinking she can brave it on her own.  It just makes her look stupid in my eyes.  This one is much more personal and evil than the first.   

HS - OPTIONAL.  Cindy, Library Teacher

1 comment:

Ms. Yingling said...

I have been surprised at how wildly popular the first book is. I did think Alexis was rather stupid, but wasn't as uncomfortable with the channeling evil spirits. But then, I had two teenage girls in the house when I read it; they are pretty evil on their own!!