Thursday, July 5, 2012

E. Aster Bunnymund by William Joyce –NOT RECOMMENDED


Joyce, William E.Aster Bunnymund and the warrior eggs at the earths core (Guardians of Childhood Chapter Books). 272 pgs. Atheneum Books for Young Readers , 2012. $10.19.  

Rating: G

A second book in a complex series, Pitch the nightmare King is in hiding. All the kids are safe and being guarded by Nighlight and Bear while Nicolas St. North and Katherine travel. When Pitch returns, in the Dijin he is inhabiting, E. Aster Bunnymund must come to the rescue.

First off this book is not a stand-alone. Secondly it just plain cheesy with names like E.Aster Bunnymund and Nicolas St. North. Don’t get me wrong, I adore my share of strange and unusual books but this one is just awful. I didn’t bond with any of the characters, especially the kids that were in danger, it felt like more of a plot overview that a fully-fledged story. The art is stunning, wish it was just a picture book. I know this series is quite popular, but for the life of me, I just could not connect with this book, not even a little.

NOT RECOMMENDED Reviewer: Stephanie MLS graduate & Author.

No comments: