Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Slide by Jill Hathaway - ADVISABLE


Hathaway, Jill  Slide  Harper Collins, 2012.  $17.99. 250 pages.  Content:  Language: PG-13 (57 swears, 17 Gods); Sexual Content: PG-13; Violence: PG-13.   

Vee is a diagnosed narcoleptic, but what nobody knows about her is that when she falls asleep, she is really sliding into other people’s minds.  When she slides she doesn’t take over the person that she has slide into, but she sees the world from their view.  Vee has always seen this as a disability that she wants to go away, but when girls on her sister’s cheerleading squad start getting murdered and it is being passed off as suicides, Vee wants to find out what is going on.  With the help of her best friend Rollins, and her new boyfriend Zane, they try to figure out the murders before it’s too late for Vee’s sister.  

 I was completely caught up in this story because I liked the main character and all the minor characters.  Also, every time I thought I had figured out the murderer I found out I was wrong.  My one issue was that I did feel like by the time the murderer was revealed it was a bit far-fetched, but it didn’t take away from the good storytelling and intense read.  HS-ADVISABLE.  Reviewer, C. Peterson.

No comments: