Thursday, April 19, 2012

No Jumping on the Bed 25th Anniversary Edition by Tedd Arnold - ADVISABLE

Arnold, Tedd.  No Jumping on the Bed 25th Anniversary EditionDial Books for Young Readers (Penguin), 2012. $16.99.  PICTURE BOOK.  This is a reillustrated edition of the same book.  Arnold has included "glimpses of the original" book in his illustrations.  I never read the original; so I can't know for sure.  In this book, Walter's dad tells his son not to jump on the bed because the floor might break.  When Walter ignores his father, he ends up falling farther than he ever thought he would.  I liked this book.  I can see why it is being republished as a 25th anniversary edition.  I love that the pictures are more modern.  I did take a look inside the original on Amazon.com, and I saw that the pictures in the earlier edition really do look 25 years old.  The newer illustrations are great and perfect for today's preschooler or early grade schooler.  I don't, however, know if it is worth the money if you already have the original, and that is why I am giving it an advisable rating.  Pre-K, EL (K-3) - ADVISABLE.  Brent Smith, Reading Teacher

No comments: