Sunday, April 15, 2012

A Little Princess Story: I Want To Win! Tony Ross- ADVISABLE

Ross, Tony.  A Little Princess Story: I Want to Win! 32 pgs. Andersen Press USA, 2012.   $16.95.  Content: G.  PICTURE BOOK.  Little Princess loves to win!  When she is at home, everyone lets her win.  That isn’t the case at school.  Try as she may, she simply can’t seem to do anything right and never received the biggest school trophies.  Eventually she learns that winning only matters if you truly deserve it.  This is a great story to read to children who feel the need to always be the “winner.” The illustrations are memorable and striking.  My son instantly remembered another story, “I Want My Light On!’ by Tony Ross. His illustrations are unique and wonderful. We enjoyed this book!  Pre-K.  EL (K-3).  ADVISABLE.  Reviewer: SL. 

No comments: