Monday, November 21, 2011

Prudence Wants a Pet by Cathleen Daly - OPTIONAL

Daly, Cathleen.  Prudence Wants a Pet, illustrated by Stephen Michael King.  Roaring Book Press, 2011. $16.99.  PICTURE BOOK.  Prudence wants a pet...but her parents are not interested.  She decides a branch would be a good replacement.  When that doesn't work, she decides a twig might work better.  This cycle goes on and on because her branch and her twig and whatever else she chooses to fill the void of a missing pet doesn't work out very well.  This is not an essential book, and it's not a terrible one.  But it's funny how she has random items as her pets.  And yet, it is not all that memorable.  This is what I would call a typical book.  But when my kids ask me to read to them, I doubt they are going to cry out for me to read this one.  Still, some people might enjoy it.  Pre-K, EL(K-3) - OPTIONAL.  Brent Smith, Reading Teacher

No comments: