Monday, October 10, 2011

Cinder by Marissa Meyer - ESSENTIAL


Meyer, Marissa Cinder, 400 p. Feiwel and Friends (Macmillan), JANUARY 2012.  Language: G (3 swears, 0 ‘f’); Violence: G.  Mature Content: G.  Cinder’s job is to earn the money to keep her household afloat.  While her stepmother Adri and stepsister Pearl have no love for Cinder, Peony loves her very much.  But Peony has contracted the plague and Adri has volunteered Cinder as a test subject – sure to die, because no one has survived.  And Cinder has no say, because society doesn’t even recognize her as a person – she is more than 30% cyborg.  But there is something very special about Cinder – so special that she has been hidden in plain sight all these years.  There is SO MUCH I could tell you about this book – so many more dimensions, so well written, so engaging!  Is there a Prince? Yes.  Is there danger? Yes!  I actually stayed up until midnight to finish, because I just couldn’t put it down.  I can't wait until this one is published so that I can share it with all of my friends.  MS, HS – ESSENTIAL. Cindy, Library Teacher.

No comments: