Wednesday, July 6, 2011

I love him to pieces (My boyfriend is a monster Book 1) by Evonne Tsang –ADVISABLE

Tsang, Evonne and Illustrated by Gorrissen, Janina I love him to pieces (My boyfriend is a monster Book 1), 124 pgs. Graphic Universe, 2011. $9.95. Language-G (Swear Count: 0); Violence-G; Sexual Content-G.
Dicey is a jock, a baseball jock. When she falls for the school brain and dungeons and dragons nerd, Jack, they are in for more than just romance. Out on their first date, they couple finds themselves in the middle of a city full of zombies. Worst of all Jack is bitten. Can they find their way to safety?
This was a great graphic novel. The artwork and scenes were creative and had the rare quality of subtlety. The authors were really able to bring the characters to life. The plot starts out wonderfully with an authentic budding relationship. Once the action starts, things moved too quickly for me, and I wished they had stretched it out longer (like as in a series with these same characters).
MS – ADVISABLE. Reviewer: Stephanie MLS graduate.

No comments: