Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Catch that Baby by Nancy Coffelt – OPTIONAL

Catch That Baby!Coffelt, Nancy Catch That Baby!, illustrated by Delphine Durand. Aladdin, 2011. $16.99.  PICTURE BOOK.  Baby Rudy takes a bath.  But when his mom goes to dress him, he runs off and yells "Nudie Rudy!"  As mom runs after him, she says, "Catch that Baby!" and the chase begins.  Brother, sister, father, grandma and grandpa all join in to try and catch the naked baby.  I must say that I was not too impressed with Catch That Baby!.  I found it to be dull and even a little boring.  A few of the illustrations were mildly interesting to look at, but overall the book was nothing special.  My children, on the other hand, want to read the book every night.  They love seeing the baby's bottom and they think it is great that the adults cannot catch him.  Still, I cannot give the book a great rating because the best picture books, in my mind,  should be interesting to both children and adults.  This book is not.  Pre-K, EL(K-3) – OPTIONAL. Brent Smith, Reading Teacher.

No comments: