Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Ancient, Strange, and Lovely by Susan Fletcher - ADVISABLE


Fletcher, Susan Ancient, Strange, and Lovely, 315 pgs. Atheneum, 2010.

Language - PG (18 swears, 0 "f"), Sexual Content - G; Violence - PG;

Bryn's mom has been missing since last September, but something she found is now acting strange. In the middle of the night, a lizard hatches from an egg in Mom's boxes. Bryn doesn't know what it is or what it will do, but it's one of Mom's. Because it's Mom's thing, Bryn will take care of Mr. Lizard from anything that comes along.

A good adventure story is always fun to read. This one has mythical creatures, loyal friends, and a very confused but brave heroine. I got so into this amazing story I yelled at a couple of characters for not knowing what I know. Until I realized I was being stared at anyway.

MS, HS - ADVISABLE. Reviewer: CCH

No comments: