Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Angelfire by Courtney Moulton


Moulton, Courtney Allison Angelfire, pgs. 464. Katherine Tegen Books, 2011. $17.99. Language- PG-13 (55 swears, 0 'F' words) Mature Content- PG-13; Ellie has terrifying dreams every night of monsters and creatures that hunt her and kill her. When Will comes into Ellie's life she feels she's starting to remember something just beyond her grasp. He is very intense and romantic and she feels she has known him for centuries. Then, on Ellie's seventeenth birthday, Will awakens her powers. Then she knows that she can fight the monstrous creatures that hunt her in the grim. Ellie has the responsibility to hunt and kill reapers that prey on human souls. She is fighting a dangerous and ancient fight of the angels and the Fallen. She must now awaken things from her past lives, and remember the too frightening truth.              I fell in love with this book. When I started reading it I wasn't sure if I would ever be interested in it, but remember not to judge a book by its cover. This was an intense novel that I couldn't put down. This is the first novel of a trilogy and I am just raving to read the next two. I am going to recommend this book to all my reader friends, because I'm sure they will love it as much as I did. HS - ADVISABLE Student Reviewer: CG

No comments: