Saturday, October 2, 2010

The Freak Observer by Blythe Woolston


Woolston, Blythe The Freak Observer, 201 pgs. Carolrhoda Lab, 2010. Language - PG-13 (68 swears, 15 "f"), Sexual Content - PG-13; Violence – G. Loa is a confused girl with bad things happening to her. She doesn't know what to do about her nightmares or how to help her family when things go wrong. And a lot of things go wrong. I think this book is horrible. It's stupid, has no point, it swears too much, and, frankly, it felt like it was a waste of my time to read it. I'm can't believe that I sat down and read this book that has nothing to offer the imagination, or anything else for that matter, instead of reading one that has one good sentence. MS, HS - NO. Student Reviewer: CCH

2 comments:

Daughter Number Three said...

I couldn't disagree more with this review. I actually read The Freak Observer twice because I liked it so much.

It may help to be a misfit, but I found the main character very compelling and the whole story about as far from "stupid" as a book can get.

Cindy Mitchell said...

Thanks Daughter Number Three - if you could elaborate as to what makes the book work for you, we would really appreciate it. The more information, the better.