Monday, April 26, 2010

Heist Society by Ally Carter


Carter, Ally Heist Society, 287 p. Hyperion, 2010. $16.99.  Content: G (threats of violence, but nothing else overt).  Kat really wants to leave her family’s thieving business behind.  But when her father is implicated in the theft of five priceless works of art from a man with way too much money and a need for revenge, Kat must step in to save her father’s life.  Unfortunately, she must break into the most secure museum in the world.  With the help of her best friends, however, she just may be able to plan and execute the heist of the century.  At first I rolled my eyes at Kat, because I am not very interested in villain as hero tales.  But, Ally Carter paints a fine picture and I was tugged into the story and into Kat’s world and worry.  I think that fans  of Carter’s other titles will be delighted.  MS – ADVISABLE. Cindy, Library Teacher.

No comments: