Monday, January 12, 2009

The Duck Who Played Kazoo by Amy E. Sklansky


Sklansky, Amy E. The Duck Who Played the Kazoo. Clarion, 2008. PICTURE BOOK. Alone following a hurricane, a little duck goes south to find new friends. Making music with his kazoo, he entertains the ducks he meets and they soon become friends. He returns to his lake with his new-found friends in tow. This simple tale is delightfully illustrated. The pictures seem to move on the page as the duck and his friends enjoy his music. Children will begin finishing the phrase that is repeated throughout the book: "La ditty, da ditty, zu, zu." A fun read aloud. Grades K - 2. ADVISABLE. Reviewer: Debby Herget, Elementary Library-Teacher.

2 comments:

sheela said...

I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.


Susan

http://texasholdpoker.info

Cindy Mitchell said...

Hi Sheela: Glad you could join us! I hope we can continue to help you find good books. That's really all we do around here!