Wednesday, September 24, 2008

House of Many Ways by Diana Wynne Jones - ESSENTIAL


Jones, Diana Wynne House of Many Ways 404 p. Greenwillow.

Language - PG; Sexual Content - G; Violence - PG

MS, HS - ESSENTIAL 

Charmain is a bookworm that has been brought up by her mother to be "Respectable" at all time and in all ways and she is sick of it. Her chance to have an adventure comes when her Aunt Sempronia volunteers Charmain to look after the home of her "Great Uncle William" who happens to be a wizard. Before long, she finds adventures in her own life instead of just her books.

As always when I pick up a sequel, I worry that it won't be as good as the first. Howl's Moving Castle is one of my favorite books and I am quite pleased that House of Many Ways lived up to it. I adore this book and I'm sure any other lover of fantasy will as well.

Student Reviewer: KH

No comments: